Just 20 burning questions I have about Ryan Reynolds playing Pikachu in a live-action movie
First of all, why?
by Katie Way
As a Pokemon fan and a fan of the criminal justice system, I was shocked and appalled when I learned that Blake Lively husband and pseudo-Chris Ryan Reynolds will be playing the role of Pikachu in a live-action movie that's tentatively titled "Detective Pikachu."
Honestly, what the fuck? We don't know a lot about the movie at the moment, besides a vague sketch of the plot and a few of the other actors attached to the project. And that's unfortunate, because I have so many questions.
1. Will Ryan Reynolds have to wear a full-body suit with sensors attached to him like Andy Serkis when he played Gollum in Lord of the Rings? I don't believe he has that same range of motion.
2. If Ryan Reynolds was the one they booked, who the fuck else auditioned for this role?
3. Does this mean Pikachu is male?
4. Why do we have to gender Pikachu anyway? It's not like he has a visible dick. Can you imagine Pikachu with a penis? I can, and I hate it.
5. How is Pikachu going to do any detective work when the only work he (?) can say is his own name?
6. Is Pikachu going to read suspects their Miranda Rights before detaining them? Because if not, they will be free to go at any time.
7. Is God unwilling or unable to end all suffering?
8. Can Pikachu shoot a gun?
9. Is this a kids' movie?
10. Am I going to look weird for seeing it alone?
11. W H E R E I S A S H ? ? ? ?
12. Can Pikachu read? I guess that's not directly related but it seems important re: clue detection.
13. How is Pikachu going to communicate that he (?) has found clues if, again, he can't talk in complete sentences?
14. Since the games first entered our cultural consciousness, Pokemon-related media has been pretty centered around catching them all, defeating Team Rocket and becoming the Pokemon Master… Where does a film about Pikachu helping a boy find his dad or some shit fit into the established Pokeverse?
15. Am I hallucinating?
cant wait for detective pikachu pic.twitter.com/ISffUEudsi
— nikki black (@nikkiblackcat) December 7, 2017
16. Did Blake Lively openly laugh when she found out about this, or did she wait until Ryan left the room and then trash him in her group message with Taylor, Gigi and Anna Kendrick?
17. Who is Pikachu's PR rep? He (?) has honestly had an amazing year, and they deserve a raise.
18. Is a project like Detective Pikachu the logical endgame of a film industry that refuses to invest in new artists and instead leans on old franchises in an increasingly campy and unappealing fashion?
19. Is Pikachu gonna have a dick in this movie?
20. Will one of you guys go see Detective Pikachu with me? I thought about it more, and it's definitely weird if I see it alone.
Viewers are outraged over a VERY graphic scene in the new season of 13 Reasons Why
I could barely even stomach it for this story
by Amanda Ross
Before I get into this, I'll lay out a bit about myself to give you context for this story: I don't have any triggers, even about bad things that've happened to me. I just don't have any. It doesn't make me tough or stronger than anyone else or whatever, it's just the way I'm programmed.…
After a fan asked Taylor Swift how she got fat, someone made a Twitter account dedicated to her weight gain
‘The look on Taylor’s face was so hurt’
by Amanda Ross
Before we go any further, let me say this: it is an incontrovertible fact that Taylor Swift's body has changed between her 1989 album cycle in 2014 and now. It's also a fact that she still looks damn good, and perfectly healthy to boot. Fans were joking about how happy they were that she's "eating…
Chrissy Teigen just gave birth to her second baby
These kids are going to be gorgeous
by Ari Bines
Early this morning, Chrissy Teigen and husband John Legend brought their second baby into the world. "Somebody's herrrrrre!" she tweeted with a baby bottle emoji next to her declaration. The 32-year-old model and now mother of two announced the birth in her typical Teigen way. As usual, Twitter was ready and waiting to respond to…