Just 20 burning questions I have about Ryan Reynolds playing Pikachu in a live-action movie
First of all, why?
by Katie Way
As a Pokemon fan and a fan of the criminal justice system, I was shocked and appalled when I learned that Blake Lively husband and pseudo-Chris Ryan Reynolds will be playing the role of Pikachu in a live-action movie that's tentatively titled "Detective Pikachu."
Honestly, what the fuck? We don't know a lot about the movie at the moment, besides a vague sketch of the plot and a few of the other actors attached to the project. And that's unfortunate, because I have so many questions.
1. Will Ryan Reynolds have to wear a full-body suit with sensors attached to him like Andy Serkis when he played Gollum in Lord of the Rings? I don't believe he has that same range of motion.
2. If Ryan Reynolds was the one they booked, who the fuck else auditioned for this role?
3. Does this mean Pikachu is male?
4. Why do we have to gender Pikachu anyway? It's not like he has a visible dick. Can you imagine Pikachu with a penis? I can, and I hate it.
5. How is Pikachu going to do any detective work when the only work he (?) can say is his own name?
6. Is Pikachu going to read suspects their Miranda Rights before detaining them? Because if not, they will be free to go at any time.
7. Is God unwilling or unable to end all suffering?
8. Can Pikachu shoot a gun?
9. Is this a kids' movie?
10. Am I going to look weird for seeing it alone?
11. W H E R E I S A S H ? ? ? ?
12. Can Pikachu read? I guess that's not directly related but it seems important re: clue detection.
13. How is Pikachu going to communicate that he (?) has found clues if, again, he can't talk in complete sentences?
14. Since the games first entered our cultural consciousness, Pokemon-related media has been pretty centered around catching them all, defeating Team Rocket and becoming the Pokemon Master… Where does a film about Pikachu helping a boy find his dad or some shit fit into the established Pokeverse?
15. Am I hallucinating?
cant wait for detective pikachu pic.twitter.com/ISffUEudsi
— nikki black (@nikkiblackcat) December 7, 2017
16. Did Blake Lively openly laugh when she found out about this, or did she wait until Ryan left the room and then trash him in her group message with Taylor, Gigi and Anna Kendrick?
17. Who is Pikachu's PR rep? He (?) has honestly had an amazing year, and they deserve a raise.
18. Is a project like Detective Pikachu the logical endgame of a film industry that refuses to invest in new artists and instead leans on old franchises in an increasingly campy and unappealing fashion?
19. Is Pikachu gonna have a dick in this movie?
20. Will one of you guys go see Detective Pikachu with me? I thought about it more, and it's definitely weird if I see it alone.
Blac Chyna revenge porn was leaked on Twitter
She is reportedly already taking legal action
by Una Dabiero
Revenge porn of Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian's ex, has been leaked on Twitter in the form of a sex tape.According to TMZ, the video shows Blac Chyna performing oral sex on an unknown man. It was posted earlier today by an anonymous Twitter account, likely ran by the perpetrator.Blac Chyna is taking legal action against…
Jennifer Lawrence lying about taking a year off for activism is the most white feminist thing that has ever happened
Are you even surprised she would do something like this?
by Una Dabiero
Jennifer Lawrence. When you say that name, milk curdles. Uneaten french fries hop off the plate, hoping to not be the punchline of her next joke. Hunger Games co-stars shriek in fear. Chris Pratt lets out a slightly sexual grunt before going back to filming his next white blockbuster. Jennifer Lawrence once charmed us all…
Of course Fergie sang a sexy national anthem – and it was the fun take our world needed
What did you expect?
by Una Dabiero
In an uncertain world, I believe only a few things: The grass is green, the sky is blue, and Fergie makes sexy-ass hoe anthems. So when I saw everyone freaking out about her performance of the national anthem at last night's All Star game, my only thought was: Seriously? What did you all expect? People…