Just 20 burning questions I have about Ryan Reynolds playing Pikachu in a live-action movie
First of all, why?
by Katie Way
As a Pokemon fan and a fan of the criminal justice system, I was shocked and appalled when I learned that Blake Lively husband and pseudo-Chris Ryan Reynolds will be playing the role of Pikachu in a live-action movie that's tentatively titled "Detective Pikachu."
Honestly, what the fuck? We don't know a lot about the movie at the moment, besides a vague sketch of the plot and a few of the other actors attached to the project. And that's unfortunate, because I have so many questions.
1. Will Ryan Reynolds have to wear a full-body suit with sensors attached to him like Andy Serkis when he played Gollum in Lord of the Rings? I don't believe he has that same range of motion.
2. If Ryan Reynolds was the one they booked, who the fuck else auditioned for this role?
3. Does this mean Pikachu is male?
4. Why do we have to gender Pikachu anyway? It's not like he has a visible dick. Can you imagine Pikachu with a penis? I can, and I hate it.
5. How is Pikachu going to do any detective work when the only work he (?) can say is his own name?
6. Is Pikachu going to read suspects their Miranda Rights before detaining them? Because if not, they will be free to go at any time.
7. Is God unwilling or unable to end all suffering?
8. Can Pikachu shoot a gun?
9. Is this a kids' movie?
10. Am I going to look weird for seeing it alone?
11. W H E R E I S A S H ? ? ? ?
12. Can Pikachu read? I guess that's not directly related but it seems important re: clue detection.
13. How is Pikachu going to communicate that he (?) has found clues if, again, he can't talk in complete sentences?
14. Since the games first entered our cultural consciousness, Pokemon-related media has been pretty centered around catching them all, defeating Team Rocket and becoming the Pokemon Master… Where does a film about Pikachu helping a boy find his dad or some shit fit into the established Pokeverse?
15. Am I hallucinating?
cant wait for detective pikachu pic.twitter.com/ISffUEudsi
— nikki black (@nikkiblackcat) December 7, 2017
16. Did Blake Lively openly laugh when she found out about this, or did she wait until Ryan left the room and then trash him in her group message with Taylor, Gigi and Anna Kendrick?
17. Who is Pikachu's PR rep? He (?) has honestly had an amazing year, and they deserve a raise.
18. Is a project like Detective Pikachu the logical endgame of a film industry that refuses to invest in new artists and instead leans on old franchises in an increasingly campy and unappealing fashion?
19. Is Pikachu gonna have a dick in this movie?
20. Will one of you guys go see Detective Pikachu with me? I thought about it more, and it's definitely weird if I see it alone.
Riverdale Season 3 Episode 2 is pure nightmare fuel and I can’t stop screaming
Gotta say, I’m not super impressed with the Gargoyle King!
by Nian Hu
If you thought the season premiere was bonkers, then boy do I have news for you! Season 3 Episode 2 was jam-packed with all kinds of fun and confusing things. We see Archie make an absolute fool of himself in jail, we meet a sinister bitch named Evelyn, we hear Cheryl show off her nonexistent…
Taylor Swift asks foot fetishists to please vote this November
The rest of the world was black-and-white…but our feet were in screaming color
by Amanda Ross
Tayliberal Swift is the queen of virtually every demographic: horse girls, coastal gays, wine moms, drunken frat boys, wedding DJs, long-haul truckers, people who still watch The Voice, and cat shelter volunteers. But this morning, she snatched up another massive section of the population who are sure to send her straight to the top of…
Where is Pete Davidson going to sleep now?
This is serious
by Harry Shukman
Poor Pete Davidson… where is he going to go now he's broken up with Ariana Grande? What's he doing to do? With the holiday season coming up, he's going to be all alone and cold, without a $16 million Chelsea apartment to keep a Zaha Hadid-designed roof over his head… A lot of people are…