Just 20 burning questions I have about Ryan Reynolds playing Pikachu in a live-action movie
First of all, why?
by Katie Way
As a Pokemon fan and a fan of the criminal justice system, I was shocked and appalled when I learned that Blake Lively husband and pseudo-Chris Ryan Reynolds will be playing the role of Pikachu in a live-action movie that's tentatively titled "Detective Pikachu."
Honestly, what the fuck? We don't know a lot about the movie at the moment, besides a vague sketch of the plot and a few of the other actors attached to the project. And that's unfortunate, because I have so many questions.
1. Will Ryan Reynolds have to wear a full-body suit with sensors attached to him like Andy Serkis when he played Gollum in Lord of the Rings? I don't believe he has that same range of motion.
2. If Ryan Reynolds was the one they booked, who the fuck else auditioned for this role?
3. Does this mean Pikachu is male?
4. Why do we have to gender Pikachu anyway? It's not like he has a visible dick. Can you imagine Pikachu with a penis? I can, and I hate it.
5. How is Pikachu going to do any detective work when the only work he (?) can say is his own name?
6. Is Pikachu going to read suspects their Miranda Rights before detaining them? Because if not, they will be free to go at any time.
7. Is God unwilling or unable to end all suffering?
8. Can Pikachu shoot a gun?
9. Is this a kids' movie?
10. Am I going to look weird for seeing it alone?
11. W H E R E I S A S H ? ? ? ?
12. Can Pikachu read? I guess that's not directly related but it seems important re: clue detection.
13. How is Pikachu going to communicate that he (?) has found clues if, again, he can't talk in complete sentences?
14. Since the games first entered our cultural consciousness, Pokemon-related media has been pretty centered around catching them all, defeating Team Rocket and becoming the Pokemon Master… Where does a film about Pikachu helping a boy find his dad or some shit fit into the established Pokeverse?
15. Am I hallucinating?
cant wait for detective pikachu pic.twitter.com/ISffUEudsi
— nikki black (@nikkiblackcat) December 7, 2017
16. Did Blake Lively openly laugh when she found out about this, or did she wait until Ryan left the room and then trash him in her group message with Taylor, Gigi and Anna Kendrick?
17. Who is Pikachu's PR rep? He (?) has honestly had an amazing year, and they deserve a raise.
18. Is a project like Detective Pikachu the logical endgame of a film industry that refuses to invest in new artists and instead leans on old franchises in an increasingly campy and unappealing fashion?
19. Is Pikachu gonna have a dick in this movie?
20. Will one of you guys go see Detective Pikachu with me? I thought about it more, and it's definitely weird if I see it alone.
Good morning! G-Eazy dumped Halsey for Demi Lovato!
I can’t tell if this is an upgrade or a downgrade
by Caroline Phinney
Just a week and a half ago, G-Easy and Halsey broke up in a (characteristically messy) public Instagram meltdown.Sadly, even though Gerald once said if Halsey caught him cheating, "she'd cut my dick off," his dick is still presumably intact because he was spotted holding hands while walking out of a Hollywood nightclub with Demi…
‘Most followed person’ Katy Perry lost millions of followers in Twitter’s spam account crackdown
I have to laugh!
by Amanda Ross
You know why I love math? Because it's the same in every language! Let's work through this word problem together:If Witness sold fewer than 1 million copies worldwide and only 266,300 attended her world tour, who are the extra 106 million people following her on Twitter? Because it's certainly not fans!Katy's allegedly the "most followed…
Selena Gomez is dating a teenager who looks exaaaactly like baby Justin Bieber
Don’t date babies, babies, babies, ohhh!
by Amanda Ross
Look, we're all guilty of trying to show up our exes when they move on. Justin Bieber got engaged to professional friend-of-Jenner Hailey Baldwin, and Selena Gomez is getting back at him by…dating a cleaner-cut version of him at age 15? Like the age she and Justin fell in love! Aw!No, seriously, this is weird…