Just 20 burning questions I have about Ryan Reynolds playing Pikachu in a live-action movie
First of all, why?
by Katie Way
As a Pokemon fan and a fan of the criminal justice system, I was shocked and appalled when I learned that Blake Lively husband and pseudo-Chris Ryan Reynolds will be playing the role of Pikachu in a live-action movie that's tentatively titled "Detective Pikachu."
Honestly, what the fuck? We don't know a lot about the movie at the moment, besides a vague sketch of the plot and a few of the other actors attached to the project. And that's unfortunate, because I have so many questions.
1. Will Ryan Reynolds have to wear a full-body suit with sensors attached to him like Andy Serkis when he played Gollum in Lord of the Rings? I don't believe he has that same range of motion.
2. If Ryan Reynolds was the one they booked, who the fuck else auditioned for this role?
3. Does this mean Pikachu is male?
4. Why do we have to gender Pikachu anyway? It's not like he has a visible dick. Can you imagine Pikachu with a penis? I can, and I hate it.
5. How is Pikachu going to do any detective work when the only work he (?) can say is his own name?
6. Is Pikachu going to read suspects their Miranda Rights before detaining them? Because if not, they will be free to go at any time.
7. Is God unwilling or unable to end all suffering?
8. Can Pikachu shoot a gun?
9. Is this a kids' movie?
10. Am I going to look weird for seeing it alone?
11. W H E R E I S A S H ? ? ? ?
12. Can Pikachu read? I guess that's not directly related but it seems important re: clue detection.
13. How is Pikachu going to communicate that he (?) has found clues if, again, he can't talk in complete sentences?
14. Since the games first entered our cultural consciousness, Pokemon-related media has been pretty centered around catching them all, defeating Team Rocket and becoming the Pokemon Master… Where does a film about Pikachu helping a boy find his dad or some shit fit into the established Pokeverse?
15. Am I hallucinating?
cant wait for detective pikachu pic.twitter.com/ISffUEudsi
— nikki black (@nikkiblackcat) December 7, 2017
16. Did Blake Lively openly laugh when she found out about this, or did she wait until Ryan left the room and then trash him in her group message with Taylor, Gigi and Anna Kendrick?
17. Who is Pikachu's PR rep? He (?) has honestly had an amazing year, and they deserve a raise.
18. Is a project like Detective Pikachu the logical endgame of a film industry that refuses to invest in new artists and instead leans on old franchises in an increasingly campy and unappealing fashion?
19. Is Pikachu gonna have a dick in this movie?
20. Will one of you guys go see Detective Pikachu with me? I thought about it more, and it's definitely weird if I see it alone.
People are blaming Perrie Edwards for Zayn Malik’s split with Gigi Hadid
‘Low-key think they will get back together’
by Caroline Phinney
If you didn't already know, before Zayn dated supermodel Gigi Hadid for two years, he was engaged to Little Mix member Perrie Edwards. He got a terrible tattoo of her, he brutally dumped her. And if you don't know her, you at least know the Little Mix hit single "Shout Out to My Ex," in…
Good afternoon! Here’s every time Kendall and Kylie were weirdly sexual with each other on camera
Uhh…do you do this with your sister?
by Ari Bines
My sister is my best friend. We drink together, smoke together and laugh at people who want to fight us online when we see their edges are out of place. Despite being thicc as thieves, we've never gone into sisterwife territory — that's (typically) some whypipo shit. Kendall and Kylie, though, seem to be on…
What Justin just did to Selena proves he’s actually the biggest fuckboy on Earth
This is textbook, y’all
by Caroline Phinney
This is a lot to keep track of, so let me make the background information really easy to follow:-Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber dated on and off for years-They were broken up for 10 months last year, during which Selena seriously dated The Weeknd-Selena and Justin got back together, much to the chagrin of her…